Armidale - Latest NewsView All
Inverell - Latest News
Inverell Campus Looks Towards New Future
Campus Home to Sapphire City Concert Band
Chamber music - a conversation between friends.
Foundation Solo Concerts at NECOM
Dead Composers Society
NECOM Trio at UNE Graduation Ceremonies
Armidale Regional Council signs MOU with NECOM
UNE College Chamber Ensemble Programme
Teacher of the Month
Music and Literacy Project
Paul Marshall - AYO's New Conductor
Paul Jarman Choral Workshop
Guests at NECOM
Andrey Gugnin's Full House in Armidale
Adam Marshall Visits NECOM
Haydn Ensemble Residency at NECOM
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
NECOM provides a substantial professional learning and development program for studio and school teachers through workshops, co-presented projects and employment.
- NSW Board of Studies K-Yr 12 syllabus
- HSC preparation and exam techniques
- **Songwriting for Teachers - PD Workshop w Music Australia
- Conducting and composition
- Kodaly and Dalcroze methods
- Style and performance practice
- Early Childhood music
- Chamber Music in Schools
- Masterclasses with visiting guest musicians
- New England Sings!
- Chamber Music in Schools performances and resource kits
- Chamber Music Festival
- Instrumental programs in schools
NECOM professional development of teachers network includes:
- Affiliated partners Armidale Music Teachers Association (AMTA) and Primary Armidale Music Teachers Associations (PAMTA)
- NECOM Music Educator Members
- Collaboration with regional DEC and non-government schools
- Collaboration with arts organisations such as Australian Youth Orchestra, Musica Viva, Sydney Symphony
'JUST PLAY' PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR TEACHERS
WEDNESDAY 11 MAY 2016
VENUE NECOM ARMIDALE
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL LEARNING - MIDDLE YEARS
Attemtion: Primary and Secondary - classrooom, performing arts and music specialists.
Musical Futures is an approach to teaching and learning that is reshaping the way in which students around the world are engaging with music in the classroom. The Introduction to Musical Futures workshop is BOSTES accredited. Called Just Play it is designed to build musical foundations for students from year 3 upwards. It’s the easiest, best supported and most engaging approach to classroom music you’ll ever see.
Come along to the workshop on Wednesday May 11, 2016.